Massage therapy has an extensive array of evidence-based health benefits.
Just a few of them are listed below.
Massage therapy can:
- Raise neurotransmitter levels, boosting your sense of well-being, decreasing both physical and emotional pain, and expanding your capacity for joy and mental clarity.
- Regulate blood pressure and increase circulation, which are excellent for the health of your heart.
- Stimulate the lymphatic system, which supports proper immunity.
- Reduce the frequency of headaches.
- Increase joint range-of-motion and joint and muscle flexibility, bringing ease of movement and decreasing the likelihood of injury.
- Break up scar tissue and reduce post-surgical and post-injury swelling.
- Ease the swelling and discomforts of pregnancy, as well as regulate hormones and speed recovery postpartum.
The list does go on, but I will stop there with the hope that I have piqued your interest. If you would like to read more about the myriad ways that massage therapy can positively affect your health, please click on the links below: